Last Day to Apply: May 01, 2020
Express Lube Technician (Entry Level)
Why wait to make a career out of doing what you love? Some of our best master technicians started as express lube techs. So if working on cars gets your gears moving, contact us today. As an express lube tech, you’ll start by being responsible for inspecting and lubricating vehicles quickly and thoroughly. And with a little hard work and dedication, who knows where you’ll be able to go? At our dealership, the door is always open. And so are your options.
- Perform multipoint inspections
- Communicate additional service/repair needs to service advisors
- Service universal joints, grease fittings, and steering knuckles using hand- or compressed-air powered grease guns
- Inspect fluid levels in steering gears, power steering reservoirs, transmissions, differentials, rear axle housings and shackles
- Check tire pressure
- Lubricate moving parts with specified lubricants
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil
- Add water to radiator and battery
- Replace oil and air filters
- Inspect all vehicles for additional repairs
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety standards and codes of conduct
- Follow dealership safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
- Must meet dealership’s requirements for employment
- Ability to read/comprehend written instructions and information
- Familiarity with all aspects of automotive repair/maintenance
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to operate manual transmissions
- Prior experience as a technician’s helper or apprentice preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Occasional exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to operate an automobile
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires a significant amount of walking and/or standing. May also require working in the seated position for long periods while operating controls with arms and legs. This position may also require working at a production pace while pushing and/or pulling materials from place to place.
In addition to career-long personal development, our associates enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Accident and Critical Illness Coverage
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employee discounts on vehicles, parts and service
Through a long history of service to our customers and community, Ed Voyles Automotive Group has earned the reputation as a local and industry leader. We have been in business for over 65 years and are one of the largest, family-owned, privately held dealership groups in the metro Atlanta area. We know that this reputation is a direct result of the loyalty, commitment and continued efforts of our employees.
Since Mr. Voyles opened his first dealership in 1952, we have been committed to providing employees with a great atmosphere to work in, where supporting each other to grow and be successful is part of our culture. Today, we are committed to recruiting long-term employees and developing talent from within. We strive to be innovative leaders in work environment, management and people development that extends beyond the automotive industry. At Ed Voyles Automotive Group, our commitment to our employees gives them balance in life – where equal consideration is given to our business priorities as we give to our family priorities.